Healthified Fried Rice
Holy MOLY guacamole I do love me a good fried rice. And sister, I love to head to a good thai food restaurant and order a stir fry with a side of fried rice (the loaded with butter and sodium kind). Balance at its finest ladies and gents!
T and I love cooking Asian style dinners. When I cook at home I love to take advantage of being in charge of the ingredients and make them "healthified." If you're new around here, first of all welcome! Second of all, "healthified" is my word for taking a traditionally less than nutritious meal and making it healthier by using my favorite ingredient swaps. This is my key to making adhering to my fitness goals and eating nutritiously a sustainable lifestyle. Because life without french fries and dessert is just not a life I'm willing to live. If you feel the same, you're in the right place!
+ What you need:
- Frozen cauliflower rice (or 1 head, pulsed in a food processor until “rice”)
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- ½ cup peas (fresh or frozen)
- ½ cup diced carrot
- ¼ cup diced green onion
- 2 eggs
- 3 tbsp coconut aminos (soy sauce alternative for a low sodium option, here is the one I love)
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 3 tbsp rice vinegar Sesame seeds to top
+ What to do:
- Scramble the eggs in a small frying pan - set aside
- Sautee the garlic over medium heat in a pan with the sesame oil until fragrant
- Add the carrots and sautee for 3-5 minutes (until nearly cooked)
- Add the cauliflower ice and sautee until cooked (about 5 minutes)
- Add the coconut aminos, rice vinegar, and peas until combined and peas are bright green (about 3-5 minutes)
- Combine with eggs and stir to combine
- Plate to serve and top with green onion and sesame seeds
- Serve Immediately
I love to pair this with a side of roasted broccoli as well, it goes perfectly with this combination.
To make this a tad heartier or more filling but still nutritious as can be, add some shredded chicken, or a half - full serving of brown rice. The extra protein and fiber is sure to keep you full!
If you love this, get social! Share it on Instagram or FaceBook and don't forget to tag me @diana_matuszak so I can see! I love sharing in the healthified food fun with you all!
Also, did you know I have a recipe full of 30 simple and delicious recipes?! Everything from breakfast to dessert, even some metabolism boosting drinks! Click here to download!
AND click here for my free healthified dessert ebook!