5 Foods for Glowing Skin and Healthier Hair
Wow friends. One of my FAVORITE parts of eating a more nutrient dense diet is the hair and skin benefits, I’m not ashamed to say it!
What you eat directly effects so much outside of your size and shape. From your mood and anxiety level, to your hair, skin, and nails, your quality of sleep, and so much more! Shinier and thicker hair, as well as clearer skin is one of the benefits that I see most quickly and many others do as well.
I’ve gotten a few questions about what I did to help my hair grow (see what I mean with the picture below!)
I’ve linked the supplement I use at the bottom that I started taking between these photos.
Foods For Hair and Skin
1. Salmon - Salmon is full of omega 3 fatty acids and protein. Salmon is a one stop shop for hair and skin! Salmon supports a reduction of inflammation (i.e. acne and redness) and also supports elasticity and collagen production for strong hair and supple skin!
2. Avocado - Acne is caused by inflammation. Omegas (fatty acids) provide anti-inflammatory benefits. They also aid in hair density and growth. I prefer to use avocado oil while roasting veggies and cooking because ya girl is the only person on the planet who hates avocado not in guacamole form.
3. Nuts and Seeds - These are another great source of healthy fats if you’re weird like me and don’t like avocado!
4. Collagen - everything in the body is made of amino acids which are the building blocks of protein. The boost helps strengthen hair and prevent damage. As for skin it provides the elasticity needed for healthy and glowing skin. As we age, collagen production declines, so supplementing supports these processes - this is my favorite collagen supplement at the moment.
5. Berries - Berries are full of antioxidants. Antioxidants fight wrinkles, and protect against free radicals. Free radicals are fun words for oxidative stress, damage to cells, aging, aka all the things we don’t want!
These are my favorite sources of omegas, collagen, and antioxidants for healthy and shiny hair, and supple glowing skin. I also supplement with an omega supplement that is the best I have found on the market thus far. It is the only plant based omega supplement on the market! I also love to mix this strawberry lemonade collagen in my water throughout the day to support protein intake!
In my 6 week e-course Thrive: Food, Fitness, and Life I teach all about the different benefits of certain food groups to support you in not only reaching your most confident body, but feeling your best on the inside too! This includes your mood, your confidence, your hair and skin, and especially your energy!
What are your go-to methods for healthier skin and hair? Let me know!