Very Berry Overnight Oatmeal
Summer time calls for swimming, bonfires, boat rides, and overnight oatmeal.
No? Just me? Welp. Okay.
Whether you think summer needs to include overnight oats or not, you BEST be tryin' this one sister!
Filling, refreshing, packed FULL of fiber and protein. Oh, and I almost forgot, FULL of flavor! Your tastebuds will be thanking me.
What you need:
- 1/2 serving Bobs Red Mill Meusli mix (I love this one)
- 1/2 serving rolled oats (not quick, they will not absorb correctly)
- 1 tbsp chia seeds (I use these)
- 1/3 cup plain greek yogurt (if you have lactose issues, use fat free, if not, use one with fat!)
- 1/2 cup DF milk (I love Califia Farms coconut almond for this!)
- 1 scoop collagen (I love this one) or protein of your choice (if using standard protein, use 1/2 scoop)
- 1/4 cup frozen berries
- Toppings of your choice
What to do:
- Mix all of the above in a bowl, leaving out the toppings
- Refrigerate overnight
- Add toppings
- Devour, share it on social if you're into that, and tag me so I can see your creation @to.kale.and.back !
Make it your own and great creative! I'm sure you all see this coming from a mile away but I love to top mine with nut butter (gasps). Also some banana slices, maybe some dark chocolate if I'm feelin' myself, maybe some coconut flakes, some walnuts, shoot guys. The overnight oatmeal world is your oyster.