Healthified BBQ Chicken Mac & Cheese
Guys. Gals. We eat this meal in our house hold probably once a week, and I am STILL not tired of it. It's a lightened up version of the classic mac. I first found a recipe by Chocolate Covered Katie that I LOVED and decided to make a lightened up version of my own!
Here you have it friends!
Makes 4 servings
What you need:
- 1lb. chicken breast
- 8 tbsp primal kitchen bbq sauce
- 6 oz. gluten free pasta
- 3 cup steamed cauliflower
- 1tbsp of flour (I use white, you can use an alternative if you desire)
- 1.5 cup DF mozzarella (I LOVE white cheese Mac!)
- 2.5 cup DF milk
- 1/4 cup GF breadcrumbs
What to do:
- Cook pasta according to box.
- In a medium sauce pan, boil milk and flour.
- Add cheese and stir until melted.
- Mix pasta, cauliflower, and cheese mix in a medium casserole dish and top with breadcrumbs.
- Bake at 350 for 25 minutes, until edges bubble and breadcrumbs brown.
- Cook chicken and stir in BBQ after cooked.
- Top your Mac with BBQ chicken and serve with a side of veggies.
Enjoy the heck out of it.
Try it? Tag me @diana_matuszak on IG and let me see your delish masterpiece!
My favorite brand of GF pasta is Eat Banza or Trader Joe's lentil or brown rice line.